Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the OEM GM rotors worth the extra momey?

Will be putting new rotors on come spring.

· Registered
4,884 Posts
I think what I heard of the 14+ rotors have a coating to avoid rusting on the rotor hats and such. Does that mean these rotors will not warp prob not. I would do the powerstop drilled slotted rotors and pads. I have them and love them no issues at all.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcher774 said:
I think what I heard of the 14+ rotors have a coating to avoid rusting on the rotor hats and such. Does that mean these rotors will not warp prob not. I would do the powerstop drilled slotted rotors and pads. I have them and love them no issues at all.
Thank you. Do those slots/drill holes keep clean?

· Registered
1,520 Posts
I've run the Powerstop Z36 Extreme Truck and Tow pads and rotors on multiple trucks. Had the Z23 Evolution Sport Performance on the Camaro and Cavalier. Nothing but good things to say about their products for life, performance and price. I'll keep getting them on any vehicle that needs rotors.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. 4 wheel parts carries powerstop.

Do you put the torx screw back in when you put the new rotors on?

· Registered
188 Posts
I had Powerstops and one of the tork screws lined up and the other side did not. Strange....

· Registered
39 Posts
I installed the Power Stop K2069-36 Z36 Severe-Duty Truck And Tow 1-Click Brake Kit from Amazon on my 2013 Silverado LTZ. Awesome product. I've needed rotors for 15,000 miles as the stock rotors where warped. I put it off because the pads were fine. Wish I had done it sooner - what a difference. The dealer wanted $470 to replace the front with OEM rotors and pads - The Power Stop kit was $212.00 and I installed it in an hour and a half. I couldn't be happier and saved $258 AND feel as though i got a better than OEM product. The torx screws lined up on mine too!

-Sean :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.