Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

8 degree cold start! Good to know my starter and batteries are still in good shape :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
-10F air temps and -35F windchill :p

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh, and here it is at high idle :D. My neighbors must hate me.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well its not a D-max this time but its a Florida cold start :p just wanted to show yall the freezing weather I have to deal with.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Okay guys this time I got to do it on my D-Max. so heres my dads truck cold start in Florida :lol:

Oh and on another note with my dads truck this is what my dad did to my while i was sitting here on my couch enjoying the nice day from indoors :D

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
62 degrees??? I hope you plugged that engine heater in for a long while :D!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
all night and i had a fire under it for a while before i started the video xD it was freezing this morning i had on a long sleeve and jacket and i was still cold (extremely wrong use of a pound symbol approaching) #FloridaBoyProblems :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Here's the high-idle with the new exhaust kit on.

·
Registered
858 Posts
In regardds to the high idle mode it can serve two purposes. The factory one where the truck will sense that the temperature of the coolant is less than 32*F When high idle is selected the truck will go into high idle after the oil has been circulated for X time. Once this happens the truck will then go into high idle mode. Where the truck automatically holds the engine RPMS around 1200. This is normal and both safe fore the motor. The truck will continue to stay in this mode until the coolant reaches normal operating temperatures. The seconded option to this is if you have a PTO option on your Allison transmission. Which most Allison's have the ability to have PTO. This is used for things like water pumps, or hydrolic pumps for tow trucks. Which then you would have a separate switch to operate this and cold is not a factor.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

BRRRRRRR It's cold baby!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am getting new to me 2007 nbs is high idle mode on this or is it something i got to do to it for this to work ?

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Most likely it is already on the truck. You can access the high idle option through the driver information center.

·
Registered
23 Posts
starspangled6.0 said:
Most likely it is already on the truck. You can access the high idle option through the driver information center.
Thanks i pick it Monday.So it all new to me i was a gasser b4 this :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

My LB7 a few weeks ago. This winter has been havoc on the truck, but it still starts and runs.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts