Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 2500HD 4x4 with the tow package that has a slow leak above the oil filter. Some of the fluid looks like oil but it also may have some water in it. I found the oil filter very loose and tightened it but there was still a small leak without any run time so I crawled underneath and saw what looks like some rusty fluid on a bolt above the oil filter. Since I can't see well up close I stuck my camera up there and took these pics. The thing above the oil filter has two metal lines and I can't tell if something is seeping out from those where they connect or if there is leakage at a gasket near by. I wish I could be more specific and I hope the pics are included w this. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aste25- thanks for the ID re the oil cooler lines. I hope I'm wrong but the spot on my driveway looks oily plus a little rusty like there may be some water too. Is there any connection close by that might also be leaking water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.