Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need HELP!

My oil pressure gauge just dropped to zero and the warning display and sound came on. There is oil in the engine and I hear no knocking. What can i do?????? Its a 2007 GMC Sierra 5.3 in it. High miles. newer body style. Is it just a simple sensor?

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
It might be the pump.... might be the gauge? :/ truck is too damn smart for its own good sometimes.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Dunno on the nnbs can't say for sure!

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
858 Posts
I found the FIX, step one open oil cap on motor. Step two - shove grenade in oil filler neck. HA JK yeah im going to have to go with one the oil pump has died, or two the lift nozzle has been clogged by debris possible the oil filter cam apart. I dont think it is likely the gauge will be the culprit here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's going to either be your sender unit, or the oil pump. If you keep driving it and start to hear tick in the valve train, that is your lifters beginning to be starved of oil. Since you say "high miles" I'm leaning towards the pump being bad. This is not too hard to do yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.