Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new Silverado member from Maurice, LA. I just purchased a 2008 Silverado 2500HD LT with a Duramax LMM engine. I LOVE the truck! It is stock and Im not interested in tuning it. It had 35000 miles when I purchased it. I looked at newer vehicles but they all had in excess of 100,000 miles and was happier witht he older truck with so few miles. I only drive a truck around 12000 per year so that equals many years mileage ahead of the newer vehicles that were available

I did insure that I did whatever I could to insure the truck is serviced in a timely manner.

1. Changed the Coolant as I could find no reference to a coolant service in the Carfax history.
2. Changed the oil, Rotella Synthetic
3. Changed the Differential fliud, Mobile 1 synthetic
4. Had transmission flushed at Chevy dealer

I did a few mods to it as soon as I got it:
1. FASS 95GPM Lift Pump
2. Nicktane Billet Plate Adapter to replace the Factory fuel filter mount.
3. Cat 306-9199 UHE fuel filter on the NIcktane adapter
4. Rear View Camera hooked up to a Pioneer AVIC 5100 GPS
5. Bed rail covers
6. Futomo oil drain valve

I am very happy to become a part of this community with so much knowledge and expertise in these vehicles

Attachments

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bit more about me, I'm a helicopter Pilot by profession and I serve the oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico. We had an 06 Ford F250 gasser (5.4 Triton) previously and this vehicle serves us much better pulling our 34' fifth wheel camper.

I did have a glow plug go bad but it was only a 40 minute job from start to finish to change it and that included gathering my tools and putting them away when I was finished.

Im also a hunter and a fisherman so although this is 2WD it will certainly get me anywhere I go in those pursuits around here.

Thanks for all the kind words about the truck, it is in really great condition. I also have a set of Kat-Skins leather seat covers coming in Dark Gray with Light Gray inserts coming. They had to be special ordered due to the two colors and I won't get them til around the first of the year.

Thank you for all of your kind welcomes, as I said, it is great to be here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.