Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the 01 Sierra from a guy who originally bought it for the power plant, but after a change of heart he decided to keep his K5 Blazer Carb’d and sell the truck. In all the excitement of a new project I forgot to take pics and within the first week, tinted the windows, replaced the missing valance, removed the old man bed rails, and replaced the infamous arm rest. Here is a pic the day I realized I didn’t have any starter progression pics so just imagine it with no tint and missing valance…..

I had to replace the knock sensors and what I originally thought was going to be an oil pressure sensor turned out to be a rat chewing through the harness, so I repaired it and went ahead and slapped in the new switch. I also noticed an excess in vent pressure when opening the fuel cap and come to find out the purge valve had failed so I ordered the LSX Innovations delete kit and slapped it on. The EGR bolts snapped and being a LT Header will be installed in the not so distant future I decided to just plug the hole with a drain plug out of an old diff we had laying around instead of drilling tapping and fixing it “the right way”.
Liquid Fluid Silver Body jewelry Water

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Scrap Auto part

Wood Gas Auto part Machine Metal

Next I decided to go ahead and trade out the good ol fan clutch for e fans, so I talked my salvage buddy out of a set with radiator out of a 2010 and ordered the BP Automotive kit, yes I could have went cheaper but I’ve seen these kits installed before and the quality and craftsmanship speaks for itself. Now if I can just pry my tuner away from his twin turbo s10 so he can program the truck for the fans so I can get them installed.
Electric fan Ventilation fan Automotive tire Audio equipment Mechanical fan

Font Gas Audio equipment Cable Auto part

There’s a lot more coming and I will post as soon as I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies for the lack of updates, the last 3 months have been crazy between work and family. I finally got around to installing the EFans today after I nearly overheated the other night no thanks to a leaking TStat, which I also replaced. Had it tuned for the deletes and EFans and it works like a champ.

I also got my Belltech drop kit in along with some temp wheels and tires 245/50R20 on some Ram 1500s, they were free so why not. I’m going to wait until closer to spring to install it though.

There’s not much else going on with the truck, I’m waiting on my BrandX 370A Alternator and BrandX 6K Lithium Battery to come in so I can get them installed and start on the sound system. I will be doing the Big 3 hopefully tomorrow since my SkyHigh stuff showed up today. Oh and I am getting my Titan Rear Window next week, hoping to have it prepped and installed by the next weekend. Here’s the truck it’s being pulled from.

I’ll do my best to update more often.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,346 Posts
Mmm Titan rear window

·
Administrator
6,503 Posts
That should be an option on all GM trucks. I'd love to have that on my truck. Do a How-To write-up and take lots of pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That should be an option on all GM trucks. I'd love to have that on my truck. Do a How-To write-up and take lots of pics.
ya, I wanted to do one on my OBS but sold it instead. From what I’ve read/watched, clean up is going to be the hardest part. Luckily I have a window guy installing it for me for a MonsterEnergy Drink and lunch lol. Other than that it’s trying to take care of the dreaded water leak (this is where I’m trying to decide to fab my own or use a “kit” and modify it), and wiring up the switch. I’ll try and do a write up, but can’t guarantee anything as I tend to get lost in what I’m doing and forget to take pics.

Threw some 1/0 together so I can go ahead and get them on before the Alternator arrive…. Nothing fancy, just keeping it simple.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,346 Posts
Personally I’d take it in so a glass shop can do it.
Just this week I saw an NBS with a Tundra rear window.

post the siempretumbado kit though, would love to see that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I’d take it in so a glass shop can do it.
Just this week I saw an NBS with a Tundra rear window.

post the siempretumbado kit though, would love to see that
No need to take it anywhere, the glass shop comes to me lol. I work for a Dealership in the Parts/Service Dept and deal with all the sublet work as I write their POs so they can get paid. He’ll be doing me a favor and helping out for the simple low price of a Monster and lunch.

Im not 100% set on the ST Kit as my window guy has the seal and sealant, the only thing left would be using would be his drain pan. I’ve watched several of his and others that have used his pans videos and it looks solid but I think between me and my techs we can fab something up that will do the trick. I’ll definitely try and post a detailed install and parts used to include what switch used and how to wire it, something that most of the videos I’ve seen lack.

I’ve seen 1 Tundra NBS in person and it looked great but the amount of fab work that had to be done is a bit more than what I want to put into it his truck.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,346 Posts
Ah sweet, you don’t have a link to that ST kit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Got in touch with TS and placing the order. Going to go ahead and wire the switch, take out the rear seat, and measure and cut. Guess I needs to go ahead and order some sound deadener to go ahead and address that as well to make things easier when it come box building time.

@GBSierraSLE I have been taking notes and will be doing my step by step of the install for the window to include prep work. Would you like me to post it here, start a new post, or just submit it to you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts