Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 07 trying to put these bulbs in but the map and dome light bulbs that come with it do not fit, the board the LEDs are on is too wide to fit up into socket. has anybody else purchased this set and put with them in without issues?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out and reinstalled the bulbs, if you slide it up in there just right you can get more of an angle down by letting the LED get between the pieces of the light socket. The lighting like this is not terrible, probably no worse than stock bulbs. So I'm going to go with that. Just looks like when they sell the kit and if this is how they should be installed, why dont they tell you so or put the bulbs in there that would face straight down.

Has anybody had any dealing with OPT7 much? They only have customer service through email so it take a while to get help and when discussing this I give them my order number, they said they have no records of my order. I had the receipt they sent with order number directly from them so I d/k what the deal is. Was looking at getting replacement headlights from them but may look else where. The interior light kit is one of the best deals I have found because it also comes with cargo light bulbs and license plate bulbs.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
You get what you pay for. My opt7 fogs didn't fit perfectly ether. And I also dealt with SuperBrightLeds.com, whose CS was horrible when they sent me a turn signal bulb that was inop. Tried to tell me I ordered the wrong ones when the other four worked and I ordered what their website told me to order.

From then on I only deal with the bigger names, such as retrofit source, xenon depot, or diode dynamics.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did the strips go into a socket? that is where I am having the issues, do not fit correctly. went this am to try and put license plate bulbs in and guess what????? they dont fit either, too long. sending them back and getting some better to work with.

· Registered
151 Posts
A year ago I got an interior led kit at Walmart for $20 and had no fitment issues. I believe the brand was "Bully"

· Registered
994 Posts
Mine were delivered today and I will get around to installing them tomorrow. My question is, what is the board with the "pigtail" and "spring" bulb? It came with 2 of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.