Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to trade in my 2006 Silverado either this weekend or the next, and I was wondering if there are any good used truck dealerships in Mississippi. I have been to one called Smith Motor Company in Hattiesburg. They seemed like really nice people, and they have a truck that I am dead set on buying. Its a 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 and their asking $18,900. I'll post a picture. But I am wondering if there are any other used truck dealerships in Mississippi that I can go to. I am from Hammond, Louisiana and I have looked all over in Louisiana but with no luck. So now I am looking in Mississippi. I should also mention that my price range is nothing higher than $20,000.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I have no input on which dealer to use, as I live in Ontario, but that's a nice looking truck, hope it works out for you...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I have to get something soon. My truck now is literally falling apart. I bought it from a guy who owned a body shop and when I bought it, his words were "Its a good truck. It should last you plenty more years". I have had it for a year and 3 months. I cant keep putting money into it. Its been a pavement princess all its life with me and stuff is breaking almost every week. I get oil changed every 3000 miles, good gas, wash and clean it once a week (OCD). It never sees mud or dirt. I don't know what else to do other than sell her.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I will make a suggestion if I may:
take this truck on a nice LONG test drive, you may find that it beats the hell out of you, and you don't want it
after all.
I say this because I bought a 2009 2500 hd gmc a few years ago and I made the mistake of only taking it for
a short test drive on good roads.
After living with this truck and the daily ass pounding it gave me I went back to a half ton about three months later.
You may not mind the harsh ride at all, some don't , I couldn't deal with it.

Joe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good point. My friend bought a 2008 2500HD Z71 4x4, and his rides very rough. The smallest speed bumps send you flying. I think this is due to the torsion bars being cranked though. I am going for a test drive tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Nice truck. How many miles? Looks like it is a LS?

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
^ I agree, to many miles and more expensive than a 1/2 ton. Chances are you will be fixing the same things you already fixed on your current truck on this new truck. Do you need a HD or do you want one, do you tow a big trailer?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't need a HD, it was something that caught my eye being clean and within my price range. Im going test drive it tomorrow, but if parts are twice as expensive if something goes wrong, that's something to consider.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
HD's are nice it's just that they cost twice as much to repair :-/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I test drove it today. It drove and looked great. Only thing I had issues with was all the windows are manual. I like being able to control all the windows. It did have a good car fax, I didn't even think to ask that when I was over there. And that truck on Craigslist is very nice. Im a BAMA fan, so it would be perfect for me. Like the description said, it would look good with a big A on the back windshield. Lol. Unfortunately, its too far of a drive for me. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.