Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 WT. It came with dl8 mirrors. I want to replace the mirrors with dl3's. I have done this before on an older truck. My problem is, the doors on my 2014 seem to have an entirely new profile compared to the my son-in-law's 2013 1500 Sierra. Would anyone happen to know if the older mirrors (2007 to 2013) that are readily available on the internet fit my truck ? I have not had a chance to go to a dealership and get the part numbers that apply to the 2014's. Is there anyone who has access to the 2014 part numbers I need ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure 07.5-13 mirrors would not be interchangeable with the '14's.

Just looking at them, it looks like the mounting plate for the door is different.

That doesn't mean it can't be modified to work.
I wonder if the "head" of the mirror itself can be swapped onto the door mount?????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was sure they wouldn't fit. Your comment about changing the head is a good suggestion. That part of the mirror looks to be the same. I wonder if anyone has tried it yet. I really need the power fold capability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a lot of emails to a parts man at a Chevy dealership I have the answer to my mirror question. 2014 Silverados and GMC Sierra mirrors are definitely different from all previous year trucks. If anyone is thinking about doing this swap here are the part numbers for the two DL3 mirrors. They are ; 22820384 and 22820385. They do not come with caps, they are priced separately. I did buy them and they are still in transit to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.