Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member here, and I have read through most of the topics posted regarding outside air temperature issues, but can't seem to find anything quite like mine.

Two or three times a week, when the actual temperature is around or below 45 degrees f, my display will read in the 90's. Most of the time, it seems to work fine. As cheap as the sensors are, I decided to get one. Installed it, and still having the same issues. It will read in the 90's even on the first startup in the morning, so I know it can't be warm air coming from the radiator or condenser.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and had any luck resolving it?
Thank you all!

· Registered
135 Posts
If you are electrically inclined I would recommend tracing wires. The sensor is what is called a "potentiometer". This means that it changes the voltage changes with the temperature and sensor tells the computer what that voltage is and the computer says "Okay, it is this temperature". So if there is a short-to-power somewhere it could cause it to read higher than it actually is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.