Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0l 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 2500HD 6.0. It is running rich in both banks. It is non flex fuel with black gas cap. I have owned it since December so about 10 months and codes will not go away. Only 2 codes I have. It runs good and idles ok just uses a lot of fuel. Plugs are slightly black. I have changed knock sensors 02 sensors and maf sensor with no change. What else can I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not yet checked fuel pressure. Do you know what normal psi should be? It did have a exhaust leak on the passenger side where the 3 bolts are. I got a new gasket and changed it out about 2 months ago. Didnt seem to change anything. I don't hear any more exhaust leaks. I was thinking about pulling the intake and changing the 2 intake gaskets.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,182 Posts
When I googled for it, a '10 had the post on the square tube on the passenger side, right next to the crossover pipe. But from your pic, it's clearly not there on yours. I would look under that black plastic cover, but if it's not there, IDK.

·
Registered
04 Silverado LS 5.3
74 Posts
Well. Somewhere on that line from the tank, there should be something to tie into...or not. Now I'm curious as to where the regulator is, because I still think that's the problem. Have you considered a 2 pound hammer and just love tapping everything in sight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Done some googling and looks like 2007 and up you need an adapter to check fuel pressure. Not sure if that's for the 1/2 tons are just the 3/4 tons. Part number is CH-37287-1A

Motor vehicle Font Circle Jewellery Symbol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts