Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Duramax and love it so far. I was a Ford man for years but I have been wanting to upgrade. I traded in for a 2017 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison combo. I have driven it 5000 or so miles now. Just recently my check engine light stays on and the remote start does not work. My code reader says P133f and the printout says its rare for this model. Anybody else see this code and what does it mean?

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Welcome to the site.
That is a glow plug code. A relearn will need to be done once replaced. The relearn may not take and if not, there is an update to address this. In some cases the plugs were fine and the updated ECM program was all that was needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same code, after the trucks remote start stopped working. I went to the dealer to get it in the shop. They told me they were booked so I asked was it a reprogramming issue or a glow plug (based on what I had read online). They said to replace the #8 glow plug and if that didn't work it would need a reflash. I pulled the #8 and tested it. it should read <1 Ohm. It read over 2 Ohms. The new AC Delco Glow Plug read .6 Ohms. I removed the engine code with my scanner and it's worked just fine now for several days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts