Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place online to purchase painted OEM parts for your specific color truck....OR would it be cheaper to have those parts taken off your truck and painted at a body shop? I'm looking to have my door handles and fog light bumper caps painted to match my truck color.

Thanks
Bob

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,227 Posts
I assume your fog light covers are chrome.. they cant be painted and expect it to last. You would need to buy paintable caps. and ebay is your best bet. people always removing painted parts to install chrome ones.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ferraiolo1...yeah that's what I meant. I have a spare set of black stock door handles I never installed. I'll look into the fog light cover caps.

Here's the kicker with my color....Fairway Metallic Green...its not a stock Chevy color. It was the "green" test color for I believe what was to be the color for 2014. Instead they went with a darker green. My green is heavy flaked. I've only seen 3 of my truck colors around.

Thanks
Bob

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I saw those. There is also an eBay company called MBIAuto, they will paint to match parts with your pain code. Wonder if they are any good or if its worth it. Both bumper end fog light cars and fog lights painted for $230.

· Registered
14 Posts
sweet, I have a 14 Z71 LST with 2LZ and I too have way too much chrome, I took the goor guards off, looks a lot better, now I want to paint match my door handles, grill, and get aftermarket headlights, those will , most likely have to be blk, and Id like to paint my bumpers also, my Z is Tungsten

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.