Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the gold bowties. I did the black spray paint option and it turned out good, but it was the same as everyone elses, so i ordered some silver carbon fiber vinyl. Turned out good. Only thing i don't like is you can't see the carbon fiber detail until you get close, it just looks like a plain grey from a distance. I think i need to look at some different vinyl options and come up with something unique

Attachments

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Maybe a completely different color and you could try Plasti-Dip which is something that is inexpensive and durable, yet very easily removed if you don't like it.

Otherwise, a search on EBAY will come up with a lot of different vinyl overlays to choose from. Something like Red, White and Blue American flag would really stand out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Chevrolet ... 6~&vxp=mtr

17,133 Posts
08Silverado0208 said:
I just used some 3m 1080 Carbon Fiber wrap on my emblems, came out pretty good and you can see the pattern a good distance away.
I had black plasti-dip on mine. After three and a half years, I now notice some small spots on the front one where it is peeling. I have a sheet of the carbon fiber 3m vinyl and will probably give that a shot. I prefer something that would stand out a bit better, but I have the carbon fiber and certainly dont want that crappy burnt orange yellow color.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, ive seen all the plasti dip etc, just looking for something different. The vinyl i did isn't the 3M brand, maybe thats why it doesn't stand out. I'll figure out something thats not so common. black CF looks good, but a lot of people have it, which is why i want something different. might try a 2 tone vinyl on vinyl layer

17,133 Posts
I was going to mention that you can buy color matched bowties or have stock ones painted to match your truck. I have seen a few, and they look sharp, but they are pricey.

· Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered my vinyl wrap today so will see how I like it. I was looking at the reflective vinyl or lighted emblem for something different as well.

Guess if u want something. It many people have there ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.