Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting 3.6 amps of draw with the radio in, I pulled the radio out and got it down to 1.6. The ONLY way I can get my amp draw below spec of .025 milliamperes is to pull these 8 fuses as followed. Left Bussed electrical center 1, and LBEC 2, (both 60 amp)..Instrument panel cluster fuse, airbag system battery fuse, climate controls battery fuse, key ignition theft fuse, audio system fuse, fuel system control module fuse. Any guidance to help me find the root cause would be appreciated. I’ve replaced 2 batteries in a few weeks which is what made me start investigating.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
A bi-directional scan tool can run a parasitic draw test. Without one, you are using a voltmeter on each fuse and chasing the problem from there. The bi-directional tool can see any internal BCM or Chassis codes that may point you to where the problem is as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bi-directional scan tool can run a parasitic draw test. Without one, you are using a voltmeter on each fuse and chasing the problem from there. The bi-directional tool can see any internal BCM or Chassis codes that may point you to where the problem is as well.
Are you referring to a tech 2 scanner? Can you give me a specific one to consider getting?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Are you referring to a tech 2 scanner? Can you give me a specific one to consider getting?
That's my preferred tool. If you consider getting one, make sure the seller has lots of positive reviews and you get the software 33.004 and all the little adapters and connectors which are used to power the Tech-2 in various ways and run self-tests and diagnostics. You'll also need an adapter to connect it to a laptop or PC should you wish to program modules via ACDelco's TDS system.

They are made in China, some will come from Hong Kong or even the US but they are all made overseas, probably in the same factory that made the "real" ones. ChinaCarDiags website often has good deals. Expect to pay between $300-350 delivered last time I checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts