Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 2500HD 6.0l 4x4. Recently it has started blowing hot air out of the passenger side while still blowing cold on driver's side. Sometimes it is hotter than other days. This morning it was 52 degrees but I still ran the a/c and again it was blowing hot air. Even crazier than that, I had left my truck at the airport for 3 days and when I cranked it up and turned up the a/c it started blowing out of the defrost vents instead of the regular vents. This has only happened once though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It sounds like an issue with the vent flaps / selectors. It could also be a problem with the computer that controls the flaps.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The computer might just be in the AC control panel on the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have the same symptom as yours, with my 2005 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, as what seems to be the more rare problem of "Passenger/right side hot" + "Driver's/left side Cold".
I took apart the whole dash to gain access to what I thought was a defective right side actuator. It is certainly buried in there, what a bear to get at too! I installed the new one and..........the same G.D.problem! Then I observed BOTH of the actuators movement/range + they were both identical -"Full hot to halfway" ONLY. Ok, next I did a wire/continuity test + when I probed the white wire w/black tracer the actuator(s), both the new + old, went to "full Cold" mode. I also plugged them both into the left actuator wires + they go full range there. So now I am going to replace the controller module/pod. I will let you know the results/findings. Has anyone else have this same problem? BTW- it is NOT an Automatic Climate Control, it is this one----> http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-46714-5 ... origin=YMM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts