Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

One more PCV System question here. In certain drawings of the PCV system for model years 99-06 5.3L's (which may or may not be correct) i see in addition to the PCV orifice on the driver side valve cover and its corresponding tubing to the intake, a secondary, passenger side valve cover PCV orifice (exit?) and it being routed to perhaps the throttle body?

This might be the fresh air part of the system? Or does it even exist? If it does can someone comment on what its use is for, and where the parts are ACTUALLY located, i've looked all over for it along my firewall and valve cover on the passenger side and have found nothing. i do see two tubes on lower under-side of the throttle body, one looks like a air bleed hose from the radiator and something else which i do not recognize (PCV?)

· Registered
787 Posts
This is based on how my 1999 5.3l is plumbed. The two hoses you refer to on the lower portion of the throttle body is for engine coolant flow in and out of the throttle body. This is to prevent icing in very cold weather.

There is a hose from the passenger side valve cover (just behind and little back of the oil filler tube) going to the passenger side of the throttle body. The flow path of air for the PCV system is from the throttle body into the passenger side valve cover, down to the crankcase up to the driver side valve cover, through the PCV valve into the intake manifold then of course into the cylinders. I am not sure if your 2004 is the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.