Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put a performance exhaust on my 2015 Silverado LTZ Custom Sport with 5.3. Not really sure what brand? Too many choices.
Borla, Magnaflow or flowmaster? Also thinking of adding an intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bfair

· Registered
02 2500HD 6.0
557 Posts
I'm personally a huge Borla fan. Great quality products. Magnaflow is also really good. Would be my second choice. Flow master I'm personally not a huge fan of. The flow isn't that great and the drone is immense in my experience.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference on sound.

As far as intakes go, everyone seems to be bug fans of the air raid intake with the factory filter and box. That was a little too rich for my blood so I got the cheapest one I could on eBay with intake, filter, and box, for around $60 and its been working great. Noticeable increase in sound and power. The filter probably doesn't do its job as well as something like an AEM Dry Flow, but it does fine for me.

· Registered
5 Posts
After reading a lot about the different exhausts and having tried so many different set ups in different type vehicles, I went with a Carven R series muffler and an Airaid MIT and AFE s pro-series drop in filter. I love the sound of the combination!

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,657 Posts
If you have enough for a full catback, go with a Corsa. Great sound at start-up, cruising, WOT, idle, etc... and zero drone in cab!

For an intake, unless you're really going to do a full job with headers and everything, just get an Airraid MIT tube, with a high flow filter.

And highly recommend a tuner. It will really wake that engine up, smooth out your shifting, take away the awful AFM, and also give you so much more overall. Get a custom tune and you'll get even more. My recco on the tuner is a DiabloSport Intune. And you can find them in the classifieds here from time to time for about $250 usually, or brand new for $350..

· Registered
312 Posts
rnu2000 said:
After reading a lot about the different exhausts and having tried so many different set ups in different type vehicles, I went with a Carven R series muffler and an Airaid MIT and AFE s pro-series drop in filter. I love the sound of the combination!
How loud is the Carven R series? I'm going to be swapping out my flow master 40 for something louder.

· Registered
827 Posts
I've seen a couple Custom Sports around me, that's a great looking package.

I'm running Corsa dB w/ duals under the bumper. I initially did a muffler swap with a Jones Turbine. The Jones Turbine was loud but droned like crazy and didn't sound all that good to me. The Corsa has a distinct sound, no drone and is still loud. I'm very impressed with it. The only other system I would like to try is Borla at some point, but that will be on a vehicle that doesn't have the Corsa system available.

· Registered
110 Posts
bfair1153 said:
Looking to put a performance exhaust on my 2015 Silverado LTZ Custom Sport with 5.3. Not really sure what brand? Too many choices.
Borla, Magnaflow or flowmaster? Also thinking of adding an intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bfair
Got a quality CAI for you and can work with you on getting an exhaust fro you as well! Pm me or give me a call 313-561-5500 ext 126

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
AmericanZ71 said:
rnu2000 said:
How loud is the Carven R series? I'm going to be swapping out my flow master 40 for something louder.
Much better than my supper 44. Love carven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.