Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me! I traded in my 2006 Chevy Silverado today on a 2009 Ford F150. I was looking for a crew cab truck to replace my single cab, and for the price of this Ford and how clean it was and how great it drove, I could not wait to find a better price on a Chevy. If this offends any one, I am truly sorry. It looks like I will have to find a Ford truck forum to go on. But its going to be hard to beat this Silverado Sierra community. You guys have been so helpful and just all around a great group of people to talk with.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Hand over your man card at once!!

youll be back after you see the errors of your ways, and your wallet empty from repairs..

Ye shall walk the plank!!

Just remember the fond words of wisdom:

" Found On Road Dead; Driver Returns On Foot" (ford forward and backwards----even though im not suppose to flame other brands)

i wish you luck

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Good luck getting those spark plugs out when they break off.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
410 Posts
...oh no...I don't know what to say. The old saying- "you get what you pay for" comes to mind though. And yes it will be hard finding a F*ord forum as nice as SilveradoSierra. However when you decide to return from the darkside, we will try to welcome you back!

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
They do charge extra for every plug that breaks... ford... over-engineering their vehicles to make you come to the dealership! Break a plug and get a tow or buy an expensive tool.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
i personally think Car Faxes are next to worthless. its only things that are reported to them....Do you know how many incidents never get reported???? about all of them.

Did you check for Bondo? Rear shackles? Fuel tank straps? ball joints? air bag recall?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Got any pics? Is it an Ecoboost, or had those came out yet? You better be careful, these guys will shun you for talking about anything other than a silverado or sierra...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Alright fellas, don't get mad and bash his new truck. He's made up his mind. :roll: I hope you the best with it, you're probably going to need it. :twisted:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chevy/GMC guys will talk shit about Ford and Ford guys will talk shit about Chevy/GMC. It's a never ending cycle. I personally don't care. I have friends and family who own Chevy/GMC and they never had problems. I have friends and family who own Ford and have never had problems. I loved my Silverado, but I wanted to try something new. So I bought a F150 instead of another Silverado or Sierra.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey bud, don't worry about the plugs. Ford retooled the heads in the 2007 or 2008 year so they fixed that problem before your 2009.
I had to do mine on my 2006, but it wasn't as bad as some people say.
As for a forum try f150forum.com it was the one I was on when I had my 2006 XLT. Its probably as close to this site as far as support and friendliness for Ford drivers. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the kind words Matt. Your the first person to not give me shit for switching. :lol: And all my friends have a 2009 and up F150, and I have never heard of them having any problems.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.