Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little story first...
Been working in Kansas for about a month or a little more now and with this job if a rain drop falls they call it and we go in. This past week it ended up flooding here and they called it til tomorrow Monday this was Tuesday so I called the wife asked if she wanted me to come home, she said yes please do. I buy a plane ticket drive the truck to Kansas City and get on the plane well when get home I say don't need my keys this week so I'll hang them up well today we walked out the house and I didn't notice I left them til my plane landed in Kansas City and thats not all do to Georgia always wanting to do damn road work we sat for 2 hours 10 exits from the airport so it's ok just fork out another $300 for the next flight!!! I use to always keep my spare keys in my center console for $hit like this but no I got a great idea to put them in my camper oh ya just thought about that my freaking camper keys are with my truck keys!! I got my boss driving a hour and a half to come get me but my wife is going to overnight my keys to me.

Question...
Does anybody have any idea of how I can get in my camper both locks are locked....dead bolt and handle??

Thanks for the rant and please feel free to laugh with me because at this point it's funny as hell!!!

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
As for your camper. Any chance a window could be left unlocked. Or a storage door that would allow you get in under the bed, some campers have that storage open under the bed to the storage outside?!?!?
I don't think the factory locks on campers are the biggest theft deterrent. If you're staying at an RV park maybe someone there has an idea of how to 'break' in.
All of us have done something that seemed so logical at the time then turned out to be a horrible idea. We're with ya.

Hope it works out.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all the windows last night and even tried picking the locks with no luck. I did leave my storage unlocked so I climbed in there and slept but the only window I didn't think about last night was the emergency window in the bedroom so this am I took all the outside screws off of it and reached over the top of it and took the 2 screws off the lock and the window fell out so I'm in and about to head back to Kansas City to get my truck!! :grin::grin::grin:

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.