Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic, ext. cab. 5.3L Vortec engine (Stock) 33k miles

Lately I've been hearing this faint whistle noise when making left turns at low rpm. I decided to find out where exactly the noise was coming from, so I found an empty parking lot, and started circling counter-clock-wise.

What I noticed was that the more strain I put on the power steering (progressively making a harder turn) the whistle got louder and more noticeable.

It's definitely coming from the power steering, but it works fine, the truck runs great. I checked the fluid out, it's fine too.

Is there anyway to get rid of this annoying sound? Or should I just deal with it until the power steering unit goes?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Roadie786,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing a vehicle issue regarding hearing a whistle noise. Although I cannot give any technical advice, I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.