Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun (ok, not really), what do you think the price of nationwide 87 oct will be by mid-2024?

I'm guessing crude oil is $115-130 per barrel, which is around $3.80-$4.10 per gallon on average in the US.

One major goal of the 2020 CONVID Plandemic is to force any CO2 producer either out of business or tax them to the degree that they're forced to adopt "green energy" alternatives. This, of course, has been part of the what was once called "Global Warming" rhetoric since the 1970's. It has been failing over and over, but that's not going stop any of them. We all know every major auto manufacturer has pledged to the public that they need a seat the Big Green Table.

They're using the same equation they've always used (aka the Hegelian Dialectic). Create a fake problem. Receive the predictable hystericalreaction. Provide a solution to the fake problem that never existed in the first place and thereby create a REAL problem that will soon manifest. Oops. Boom. Gas crisis.

I hope I'm wrong but it seems the move has already begun.

Stay frosty, boys. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Mid 2024? Oh... about $4.99 a gallon with about $1 of that being taxes. And electricity rates will be at least double what they are now with much of that increase due to taxes.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Tax on fuel is around 20% so Gary you're saying taxes are staying the same. ;)

Current average seems to be $2.58, so I'll go out on a limb and say three years from now it'll be around $3.00. So yeah, I'm not subscribing to the doomsday theories. Just the way I roll. :mrgreen: I might be in the minority here with my prediction, but guess we'll see in about three years. :D

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,569 Posts
Given the prices currently here in PA at $3.29 for diesel and $2.87 for 87 octane, I can almost guarantee that it will be above $4 in short order.

Heck, I remember that I was paying $4.25 a gallon not too many years ago. That was the highest I ever saw it. That hurt to fill up the 34 gallon tank my 95 had lol. Never let it get below like half a tank.

Even as it is, it costs me over $110 to fill my truck from 1/8 tank.

PA has the highest fuel tax in the nation. 77 cents per gallon is tax!

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1,948 Posts
Looks like I'll be running E85 all summer. Just fueled up last week at $2.79 a gallon.. Have not driven past that station to see current price but I would imagine it to be at $3.79 before long. Prices are shooting up on the west coast.
Hopefully when the Sate Recalls Newscum we will roll back the ridiculous gas tax that AG Baccera shoved down our throats and the Dems just looked the other direction!
Good thing he is now working for Joe Hidin and Camel Toe!

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
I think we're at about .40 per gallon tax now but it's a fixed amount, not a percentage of price. Our governor wants to add a dollar to that making it $1.40 per gallon. That would put us at about $3.92 per gallon today if she had her way.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
With the current administration and who has the majority in the house and senate, I'm guessing $4.50 a gallon :roll:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm gonna guess somewhere between $3-$4 a gallon... and that increase will mostly be based on a gas tax hike - possibly both state and federal, most likely federal.

That is of course Barring some geopolitical thing erupting in a major oil producing area of the world- or several - that causes a significant wirldwide production - and or transport - decrease.

For example- some rogue 3rd world dictator gets ahold of a nation with a small sub fleet and sinks a bunch of tankers.

I realize there's approx 2k of them out there..... but even if 6-12 of them were to go kaboom over a few month period.... can you even imagine the chaos?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
$3.89 nation wide average for 87octane and 89 will be over $4 for sure.

I filled up march 10, 2020 89 octane for $2.282 per gallon
just so happened I also filled up again march 10, 2021 for $3.099 per gallon

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
News around here is now saying fuel price increase is from the harsh weather in Texas last month and now the speculation about the tornado's and what not that prices will continue to climb!

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
If an Arabian oil Shiek stubs his toe in the middle of the night when he gets up to pee, gas prices go up the next day by at least 25 cents. Kind of like the old saying about a butterfly flapping it's wings in Africa causes a hurricane in the Carribean Sea. ANY excuse and the price goes up.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
jake2250 said:
News around here is now saying fuel price increase is from the harsh weather in Texas last month and now the speculation about the tornado's and what not that prices will continue to climb!
Funny you mentioned that got a letter from the electric company saying they were going to charge an additional $20 a month for the next 9 months to recoup some of the energy cost lost during the recent ice/snow/cold weather. WTH

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
313 Posts
But we are an oil EXPORTER so we will be fine.

Oh, that was last year.

Never mind...

(where did I put the keys to that dirt bike?)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For sure, will taxes included, prices will top what I was thinking.

But for arguments sake, I was using the standard pump gas average equation derived from crude oil prices. Today futures are $72. So 72/42 + 1 is $2.71 per gallon. A quick check on Gasbuddy shows about 70% of the US is between $2.60 and 2.80.

Speaking of bikes, used motorcycles are starting to a bit of a run up, too. Well, since all the new ones are still stuck on a boat in some canal along with every other lame excuse known to man....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ha Ha, just read a story on that boat! They Impounded it and all the goods are still on board! I guess IKEA stores are running out of furniture as that boat has a large load that was headed to the US!
Evidently Harbor Freight chose another boat as they are flooding the emails with tool sales!
No expected release of boat and products soon, I guess they will try to make an example out of them!

Neighbor up the street is an AC/Heat installer and supposedly that boat has a large load of flexible air ducting that has slowed availability by six months! He says they are so back logged on A/C installs that they are turning work away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts