Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Vendor
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRIFECTA: Check out the very first (and only) aftermarket natively tuned 2.7T Silverado, an exclusive from TRIFECTA! Calibration only gains, as measured by the dyno (using STD correction factor, like other 2.7T dyno sheets out there) checked in at 44 WHP, and a whopping 78 WTQ, with peak torque available at 2370 RPM. Max power output is 306WHP, and a massive 414WTQ. These are the results from our first dyno session, more to follow soon!

**Remember, we’re using a chassis dyno for these measurements, so the power measurements are at the wheels, which include powertrain loss, versus factory ratings which do not include powertrain losses. Using an estimated 17% drivetrain loss, crankshaft power would be 357 horsepower and 484 lb-ft of torque!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Line

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,147 Posts
Four banger full-size just aren't my cup of tea, turboed or not, but it would be quite interesting to see/hear it on the dyno. Just for shits and giggles, if nothing else. Didn't see anything on your YT channel.
Yeah the small displacement would be kind of hard to swallow in a full size. Now this engine in a mid size, like Colorado/Canyon would be alright.

· Registered
3,913 Posts
Yeah the small displacement would be kind of hard to swallow in a full size. Now this engine in a mid size, like Colorado/Canyon would be alright.
I think a regular cab, short bed Colorado/Canyon with 2.7 Turbo and 6-speed manual would be pretty cool. :unsure: Never gonna happen, though...

Hence, as @shakenfake commented earlier, the 2.7 Turbo in a RCSB 1500 truck could be close to acceptable. Especially if it had manual. Not gonna happen, either. (n)

· Registered
2023 Silverado ZR2
120 Posts
That is through 2022 model years. They are dropping all engine choices for the Colorado in model year 2023 except for the 2.7 gas turbo. It will come in 3 different power outputs based on trim but it will be the only engine offered.
Yep...THIS^^^

· SilveradoSierra Guru
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,541 Posts
Yeah you can still order a '22 though right now so that is why I said it, at least you seem to be able to based on GMs website

Funny that they have 3 different 2.7Ls. The least powerful is just a detuned medium power and the highest is probably a little different in terms of hardware.

· Registered
2023 Silverado ZR2
120 Posts
Yeah you can still order a '22 though right now so that is why I said it, at least you seem to be able to based on GMs website

Funny that they have 3 different 2.7Ls. The least powerful is just a detuned medium power and the highest is probably a little different in terms of hardware.
My understanding is that all 3 variations are just tuning based on what I've read.

· SilveradoSierra Guru
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,541 Posts
The HO makes me think that it is like the Silverado where they had upgraded hard parts. I would be surprised if it was just tuning.

· Administrator, TOTM, How-To Author
9,598 Posts
I read somewhere that the lowest output 2.7 has some minor physical differences (turbo/injectors?) whereas the mid output and high output are identical with the only difference between the two being tuning, IIRC...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts