Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope its ok to ask a question like this here...but I have a 2012 traverse with an AC issue. The ac will works ice-cold great as long as I am moving, but if I sit still for more than a couple minutes, the air gets warm. I dug into it a little bit and discovered that one of my cooling fans doesn't work. There are two electric fans on the radiator and if my research is correct, one fan is controlled by the coolant temperature and the other is supposed to come on when the ac compressor in engaged. The one that is supposed to come on with my ac is the one not working. I used my multimeter to see if I am getting power to the terminal that plugs into that fan and it seems that I am not getting power there. I replaced the fan relays and fuses in the fuse box and it didn't fix it. Is there a switch, sensor, or anything besides a signal straight from the ECM that would tell this fan to kick on? I can't figure it out and its driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,721 Posts
I would suggest look for a messed up wire. If you know where the terminal is you should be able to find the broken wire for the connector that goes there. Use the meter to find where the power quits

·
Registered
133 Posts
Both fans are controlled by the PCM through three relays just like the trucks. They can come on in three states: both fans on low, either one on high, or both on high depending on demand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts