Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into some mods for my 07 4.8 silverado,installed flowmaster,getting cold air setup soon,seen tons of programmers and modules,are there any out there that would take off the speedo governer and complement the exhaust and cold air setup?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I would agree. With the year pickup you have, just go for it and do the Diablew thing. For someone else just rolling a new pickup off the dealer's lot, I would go with the module. For yours, that almost seems like a waste. Just cut to the chase and tune that 4.8L

http://www.diablewtune.com

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Get the tune & don't look back! I've had a tune now for about a year. It's help with mpg's and most importantly to me, with power increase and mpg's while towing. I reset my tire size and up the speedo limiter. A tune is the way to go...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
no modules man... there are no modules that do any good for your vehicle, or any vehicle 2000 an newer... the proper way to tune the vehicle is with a programmer and properly FLASH the tune to the pcm/ecm/tcm....

so any modules or chips that you've seen or read about, squash those ideas right now.. junk....

==============

The diablosport inTune or Trinity would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well... the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

But a lot of people like the inTune better - because it's smaller (it's the size of a credit card), they don't need or want the extra features, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trin ... Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/inTu ... Manual.pdf

===========

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

Any questions, please feel free to hit me up...

Thank you!
-Lew

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Lew, the module being referenced is the Range AFM module. It is not junk. True, it is not a tune, and never claimed to be. It is strictly a AFM delete function, and it does that quite well. Not a bad choice for those that have a large paranoia gland about tuning a brand new pickup they just brought home from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
well, he was talking about the speed limiter, not AFM/DOD... and didn't realize if that is what he (a.generaux) was talking about.. but either way, the Range thing is useless for his 4.8L truck anyway, since it doesn't even have AFM/DOD... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.