Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Oscyjack said:
negtive...not on the lml. Check out EZlynk through bamaoffroad, theyll hook you up
2 things;

1) what's wrong with EFI live on a LML? Lot's of guys run it, with autocal and the DSP5 tuning and have no issues. EFI live is a great tool the duramax family of motors. Hell there's a whole website of EFI tunes for duramax motors.... duramaxtuners.com to be precise, why not on the LML?

2) Ez lynk. Very curious into this system, heard about of on the diesel performance podcast. I know it's more geared for the diesel trucks, but my understanding is that it will work on the gas trucks as well. I'm more curious as to it's ability to on-the-fly tune with gas power plants, and the monitoring/data logging. My little L83 5.3 by no means ever will be a power house, but I would like a decent mointor/tuning support for it down the road, and for when I finally snap buy a L5P when they come out with tuning support and bolt on mods, it'll be nice to have it and work with my local tuner to get some good custom tunes, as I suspect DSP5 support for the L5P's is a ways away yet.

· Registered
1,891 Posts
Zero wrong with it. They just didn't have switachble on the fly tunes with EFIlive for the LML until very very recently. After I posted that.

Just prior to switchable on the fy with EFI, a system called EZlynk was used for the same prupose, shift on the fly custom tunes but usoing a different program

When I made that post. You had EFILive only switchable via re-flash. EZLynk on the fly, or a canned option. Now with EFIlive you can do the switch on the fly.

· Registered
1,891 Posts
EXLynk i have very little hand on with. But people like it and the tunes are just as good if you get from the right tuner.

It will be a long time before EFIlive with switch on the fly is available for the L5P. It took 6 years for the LML lol. Unless of course they use the same ECM config

· Registered
96 Posts
PPEI, talk to Kory Willis regarding tuning options.

· Registered
1,891 Posts
He is one option, and who I went with. It depends on some factors and end goals who the best choices would be, also whether you wanted someone local to you. Idaho Rob, Mark Broviak at Danville, Kory at PPEI are the "big three". Duramaxtuner/calibrated power has had some excellent reviews as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.