Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new muffler for my truck. From what I have heard i am looking at the Borla GMPP sport. Looking for something with some bark, but at the same time not a lot of drone or really loud. I am looking around on their site and I am not sure that they make this muffler anymore. Does anyone know if there is something out there that is comparable or is there possibly a new part number?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've got the borla s-type and i love it. I was looking for something with a kick, but not too much. Loud when i wanted it and soft when i didn't. When I'm responding to the fire department and my foot is on the gas, its screaming but when I'm on the highway, you don't hear it. Ive got a video up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8UXEwcaX2g let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
39 Posts
They still have it available, just got mine last week, search PN 19131347 and I think it can be found in the closeout corner. I ordered two band clamps 2.75" as well. Cut the pipe in from of the stock muffler right where it neck up (expands out) and the rear right where the weld is pipe to exhaust. Clean burrs with file, slide pipes into new exhaust, band clamp tight, good to go!! super simple.

When I ordered mine, I contacted the guy below directly, Eric was VERY helpful and quick and kept me in the loop multiple times. Great customer service to get me back on my next exhaust purchase. I think it was $163 shipped to my door with the clamps.

Eric Radford
Inside Sales Representative

Borla Performance Industries, Inc.
701 Arcturus Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033
Direct 805.246.6003
Fax 805.986.8940

[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like it, it's really mellow when cruising / idling, good sound throaty under acceleration,

with window rolled up there is a little rumble cracked open windows it sounds great. Love to hear it start when your walking up to it and hit the remote start!! Would like to know what it sounds like to by standers

I typically have 3 hour drives up north and wasn't looking for a constant loud exhaust that would drive me crazy, this fit me just right.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had the Borla GMPP Sport on mine for roughly a month and I dont like it. At mild acceleration its more drone than growl. It is nice when your cruising - no cab noise - but you have to really step on it to get the growl and not the drone. I'll probably go with a Magnaflow when I switch - less drone IMO

That being said I'll be installing long tube headers soon so that might change my opinion. Thats just my 2 cents, theres plenty on the forums that like their Borla GMPP s-type

FYI - im the type that doesnt like obnoxious exhaust, just clean sounding V8 power

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've had the Borla GMPP Sport on my 08 for a few months now. I particularly like the sound. I have it paired up with the AirAid MIT setup under the hood. Real nice low growl when you get on it!!! :mrgreen: I just recently joined the 32" Dump Club here on the forum where you cut the last 32" off of your exhaust pipe from behind the rear wheel. It's a much cleaner look and gave it a little deeper tone and rumble.... I LIKE IT!!! :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Comparing the Borla Sport to a Flowmaster, especially a Super 44 is not a great comparison. Borla is straight through whereas the Flowmaster is a chambered design resulting in pretty different sounds. I could stand for my Borla to be a little louder but I like the tone; coupled with the MIT the truck has good sound under load but could pass for stock on the highway and is mild when driving conservatively. I've never encountered any drone with the Borla (which is one of their selling points) whereas Flowmasters have notoriously drone.

This is very much a matter of personal preference, but in my opinion the Flowmaster has a unrefined sound by comparison. It's also my opinion that the sound of the 5.3 just isn't that great as V8s go; if my truck had the tone of a Mustang or Vette it'd be a different story, but it just doesn't.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You guys MIT/CAI systems - was there any loss in power when you installed the Borla muffler? I've read here a few times that it did but there wasn't any follow up.
I have the Range AFM disable device and Airaid Jr. installed and the Borla Sport muffler is next on my upgrade list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't noticed any loss in power however I have Diablo Sport INTUNE loaded up with the 87 Tune which has worked out nicely with gain in MPG.

Also I don't think the "drone" and maybe "drone" is the wrong term of is any worse than was seen with the stock exhaust. When it comes to exhaust, it's like rims, all personal preference and ya really don't know if you'll be satisfied until it's installed.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I really like mine. Like others said, quiet when cruising but lets you know its there when you get on the throttle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.