Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra SLT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help with a new to me i3. I purchased a used one from a forum member that had been "factory reset." It shows unmarried, but when I connect the tuner to my laptop, one of the folders in the file explorer is labeled as what I believe to be a VIN. Within this folder are 4 files named "most recently saved backup" or something similar. I believe them to be the original owner's factory tunes. (I don't have the tuner with me now, so speaking from memory). My question is, can I just delete these files? Also, if I don't delete them and connect the tuner to my truck, will I have problems? If it matters, I did successfully update the tuner and downloaded & installed 11 updated with no problems. Thanks.

·
Administrator
6,134 Posts
I would first cut and paste them into another file folder of a different name. You could always restore them to the diablo folder if need be or delete them if it causes no problems.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Those are copies of his tune files... you can delete his whole VIN number folder with those files in it.. . When you connect to your truck and install the preset tunes, the inTune will create a new folder with YOUR vin number, and will keep copies of your tune files in your vin number folder...

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Thanks, Lew. That's what I was kinda thinking but didn't want to start deleting files without some more info. Appreciate it!
The first thing you will need to do is download and install the Update Agent (Ignition) program on your Windows pc/laptop - this program is used to update your inTune to the latest updates/fixes - Downloads - DiabloSport

Once that is installed, then connect the inTune to your computer and let it start up and get to the main menu screen.

Then launch/run the Ignition Updater program. It will search for and find your inTune and will start downloading any new updates. The inTune will install the updates on itself, you may need to reboot it so follow its on-screen instructions -- and when it's done and everything is up to date, the Ignition Updater program will show that your inTune is now up to date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts