• $600 to $1,000

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • More than $1,000

Votes: 1 2.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you talking Parts, or Fuel? A daily run of fuel is 100.00 thank you all who voted for that crap. Parts are 5% more expensive because of all you who voted for that crap. Also refer to first answer...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leveled17yeti

·
Administrator
7,559 Posts
Haven't had a truck payment since 2016. Bought my truck new in '13 and paid it off in less than three years.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I haven't had a vehicle payment since 1999...I pay cash. I have not purchased a brand new vehicle since 1991...I buy used. I keep vehicles for a long time. My "newest" vehicle is a 2004.

·
Vendor
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't had a vehicle payment since 1999...I pay cash. I have not purchased a brand new vehicle since 1991...I buy used. I keep vehicles for a long time. My "newest" vehicle is a 2004.
The prices of both new and used vehicles have gone through the roof. If you own your vehicle free and clear, it's definitely worth keeping it on the road (y)

·
Registered
537 Posts
my 2500hd was 35k new in 2016, traded a jeep worth 30k in. put 5k plus taxes and tags on my credit card, paid it off the next month.

my truck isn't very fancy but i would rather have a base model and no payment than a nice truck with a payment any time. and i can't imagine wearing out a 6.0 any time soon, so i think i will have this one for a long time. probably the single best consumer purchase i have ever made.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
$0 i have paid cash for every vehicle and boat purchase.

i dont believe in taking out a loan for a depreciating asset. there are going to be a lot of people that are upside down on new cars and trucks in the next year.

and no, i am not "rich", i am patient and disiplined. either you pay your savings account before the purchase, or you pay the bank after the purchase. and you pay the bank interest.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,636 Posts
No kidding, especially knowing some paid over msrp by10k and some overpaid for vehicles in general as they increased so much. What I "want" is an easy 10k-15k over what it should be right now based on pre covid and pre chip problems therefor I refuse to buy.. That's where the last part of your comment comes into play for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Silverado LTZ
3,264 Posts
$0 i have paid cash for every vehicle and boat purchase.

i dont believe in taking out a loan for a depreciating asset. there are going to be a lot of people that are upside down on new cars and trucks in the next year.

and no, i am not "rich", i am patient and disiplined. either you pay your savings account before the purchase, or you pay the bank after the purchase. and you pay the bank interest.
Of course pre -covid that would have made sense-paying cash. My 2018 Silverado is now $20,000.00 more for a 2022 like model (Yes-I was at the dealer yesterday). So therefore to trying to save money to pay cash you would actually have been behind. With the average car payment and loan term-you would not be paying $20,000.00 in interest. Your statement of people being upside down is pure speculation and may or may not play out to be true. It certainly wouldn't have been true in the last three years with the escalation in prices.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
383 Posts
If one can get a low or even 0% interest rate then it makes more sense to keep the cash in your own account and utilize financing. It’s nice to have a cash reserve for emergencies.

Reactions: Spectreniner

·
Administrator
7,559 Posts
^^^^ this. We got 0.00% for 63 months on my wife's new SUV last year. Our cash stayed in the bank this time.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i have a 0% loan on a 3025e tractor, agree 100% on the merits of low rate financing and using the money elsewhere. just depends on the numbers, your financial situation and projections.

by all means if you are 30, put 40k down on a duplex, rent it out and have a car loan instead of putting that 40k toward a vehicle. you will be glad you did later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts