Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
1989 Dodge Grand Caravan and 1994 Chrysler Town & Country back in the late-90s. Plain and simple POS's both and I still can't understand why I actually traded the GC to the T&C. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Guess I wanted to torture myself a little more. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Administrator, How-To Author, 馃弲TOTM
I don't know... haven't really hated any vehicles I've owned. Two stand-out as a problem child though.

'98 Pontiac Transport Montana. 3.4 engine seized at 70,000 miles due to camshaft breaking in half at 75 mph. Long story, but dealership promised partial warranty, tried to rescind that, then gave-in when I filed a complaint with the attorney general. All kinds of other minor problems with the van, too. Eventually forced the dealer to buy back the van from us.

'11 Equinox. Great driving SUV. Bought it new. 2.4 engine got 4 timing chains, pistons/rings, water pump chain. VVT actuators, VVT solenoids, 2 exhaust manifolds, fuel pump ALL within 60,000 miles, all fixed under warranty. Water pump was leaking when we sold it. GM gave us a voucher for $2,500 off a new car due to all these problems. We bought a Subaru and gave the voucher to one of our kids when they bought a new Chevy.

Servicemen
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
1998 Monte Carlo Z34 I had ordered. Was nothing but problems from day one and bad service from the Chevy dealer led me to trade it in 1 yr later with 10,000 miles for a 1999 Sierra 4wd pickup. GMC ever since...

How-To Author,馃弲TOTM
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
1986 Ford Taurus 4 banger stick that she had when I met her. Had to put a motor in it. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Reactions: CarParts.com

Servicemen
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
We bought a Subaru and gave the voucher to one of our kids when they bought a new Chevy.

Ironically, a friend had two Subaru in last 10 yrs. 1st one was good but the last one, a 2015 Ithink used oil like it was going out of style. Traded in on a Equinox.

馃弲 TOTM
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
2017 GMC Terrain Denali. Traded it in 2019 with 25K miles as the trans was slipping and the left rear door was rusting on the inside lower hem joint. Traded it for a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee and so far it鈥檚 been a trouble free vehicle.

How-To Author,馃弲TOTM
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
1973 Chevy Vega. No dealer would even talk trade-in when I went to get a new car. Took it to a junkyard. The guy there said he wasn't buying Vegas. Told him I didn't want any money for it, just wanted to get rid of it. He ended up giving me $50 for the wheels.
I had a 71 Vega. LOL!!!

Administrator, How-To Author, 馃弲TOTM
Ha! I had a '72 Vega GT 4-speed. Bright red with black stripe. Paid $400 for it. 2 quarts of oil every other tank of gas. I tried to do a burnout with it once. It wheel hopped so badly that the (reverse opening) hood popped open. Sold it for $150 and bought a C10.

Registered
Dodge intrepid 04, 91 jeep Cherokee, 12 Sierra.

all were decent the the dod/afm killed the 2012 engine at 70 miles an hour.

the dodge was just problems from the get go.
the 91 jeep was a problem but only gave 1k for it and drop it til the trans went.

Reactions: CarParts.com

Registered
Ha! I had a '72 Vega GT 4-speed. Bright red with black stripe. Paid $400 for it. 2 quarts of oil every other tank of gas. I tried to do a burnout with it once. It wheel hopped so badly that the (reverse opening) hood popped open. Sold it for $150 and bought a C10.
I hear you on the oil. I was going through a quart every 100 miles at the end. For the last two years I had it, I never changed the oil...just put a new Fram filter in every 6 months.

馃弲 TOTM
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
^^^That鈥檚 when you grow a pair and realize that taking advantage of others is wrong and seek other more honest employment. 馃枙馃徎

How-To Author
Back in 1980, I bought a 1970 MG Midget from a friend of mine. That car took my paycheck for the next 6 months! When my friend's brother suggested we trade straight across, my 1970 MG Midget for his 1967 Ford Mustang, I didn't give him a chance to reconsider! One of the best trades I ever made.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts