Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
#1 - people who do ANYTHING that "distracts" them from their driving; texting, social media, reading the newspaper or book, fiddling with the radio without their eyes on the road, turning to look directly at and talk with the passenger, reaching into the back seat to fuss with the kids, reaching into the back to get something, putting on makeup (I was going to say, women putting on makeup, but then realized that might offend LGBTQ+ folks, not that their offense will matter to me), etc.
#2 - diesel trucks that seem to like to stomp the gas and put out a huge cloud of thick dark smoke whenever they feel like. I ride a motorcycle/bike much of the time, and really DON'T want to breathe that crap!!
#3 - people who tailgate or cut in too close in front of me, especially if they do it while I'm already stopped at a light, and have nowhere to go to get away from them. It's even worse since I got this lifted truck, as sometimes I can't even see those reall small cars behind me AT ALL!
#4 - people who have seen the signs that say you need to merge for MILES, but still HAVE to try to get all the way up to the cones before merging, letting me know that they are a total a-hole who ONLY thinks of themselves, AND thinks that they are BETTER than everyone else! They're NOT!!
#5 - here in NM, people drive MEAN, I mean VINDICTIVELY mean!! They will purposely speed up if they see you put on your turn signal to indicate that you want to get ahead of them in the lane, and then they'll purposely slow down when you slow down to make sure you still CAN'T get into that lane behind them, either! I've driven all over this country, except in Alaska or Hawaii, and this is these are WORST drivers I've seen ANYWHERE!!!
#6 - people doing ANYTHING to someone ELSE'S vehicle; keying, dumping sodas on, leaving scathing notes, dinging with car doors, sitting on, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, will not visit NM due to #5 possibly making me go to jail.
It's also ONE of the reasons I want DESPERATELY to get OUT of here!! That, plus our stupid Dem Governor killing tons of businesses during the "pandemic", stopping the wall being built, and then complaining to Biden about the influx of illegals, plus MANY more reasons!! I can't wait to get back to a Blue state!!!

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
391 Posts
^^^Sounds like you’re already in a blue state.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I detest drivers that won't pull over to the shoulder when I "flash to pass" on a two lane country road.
I'll never pull over and hazard myself in that situation. If one wants to get in front of me, use the oncoming lane when it's safe.

The most annoying thing to me is folks driving around with their hi-beams on.

For some of you youngsters, I am that guy who won't move out of your way when you grace me with your presence. I'll move over after I pass those next four semis thank you. ;)

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
For some of you youngsters, I am that guy who won't move out of your way when you grace me with your presence. I'll move over after I pass those next four semis thank you. ;)
Shame on you geezer

·
Registered
2021 Silverado Crewcab
17 Posts
Here in NM, if you DO use your turn signals, people will PURPOSELY make sure you CANNOT get in!! You CANNOT use your turn signals here, or you will NEVER get in!! Sometimes, out of habit, having grown up in IN, I still do, but then I immediately regret it!
I thought the L.A. area was bad....
That kind of driving takes the fun out of driving around, too bad.
What bothers me is the people in far left lane holding up a bunch of others, forcing them to go around them!
On a positive note, I've found Texans are some of the most courteous.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Sierra Limited crew SLT 4x4 Texas Edition
19 Posts
Some people should stay in bed rather than moving behind the wheel of a vehicle, my biggest gripe is the idiot who decides other traffic should go faster by driving 6” from your rear bumper, particularly on the interstate where speed limits are often 75 or 80. I drive in the right lane at 70 even in the greater speed zones, I wait for clear areas behind me to pass slower vehicles but invariably there will be a driver going 5-10 over the limit who attempts to push me a bit faster so they can go screaming down the path to their destiny. It is amazing how many gaggles of three or four vehicles that pass me traveling over the limit and but inches off each other’s bumper. It certainly is no surprise when dozens of these tailgaters collide causing great loss and closing roads for hours. My recent trip from Texas to Idaho found the worst bozos in Denver with Dallas a close second (about ten cars were in a pile there).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts