Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
If I'm readying it correctly...I think its saying with the kit you purchased it won't work unless your buy different shocks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add a body lift using the shocks that are currently on the truck. Rancho probably just trying to cover their ass and I think those shock P/Ns listed are for replacements if you wear one out or break it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can install a body lift. They don't recommend it because when combined with the suspension lift it's easier to roll over.

The instructions are saying those shocks are required for the kit, which does not come with any shocks. You cant use your factory shocks. If you don't know why, you shouldn't own a vehicle.

Proceed with purchase. I recommend the zone 1.5". Post pictures when you're done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is a little past due but can you post pics of your lifted truck and what you think of the lift ? I am really thinking about getting this lift I just want to make sure that I can run this lift with the tires I want to get.

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
That's a nice truck. I used to be very anti-body lift, but have come to appreciate the smaller, more complimentary kits, versus the ridiculously looking 6" kits. With an additional 1.25" and a set of 35's, that truck would look even better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.