Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem for quite a bit now and its making me a little annoyed. First, my dome light does not work at all, and my map lights don't come on unless I push the black button next to them. It used to be that the map, dome, and courtesy lights (on the bottom of the front doors) would come on whenever I unlocked/locked/removed the key from my truck. Now only the lights on my doors are working the right way. This is a bother because I do a lot of driving in the dark. I checked my fuses, the dome override switch, changed out bulbs, but nothing is fixing the problem. Help, please.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I saw this problem in an '08. After I checked the dimmer switch I chased it down to a bad wire running up the left A-pillar. I replaced the wire from about half way down the pillar to the dome light. Difference is, it kept blowing the fuse. That makes me think the problem may be in the dimmer.

Do you have a dome override switch?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a dome override switch, but it doesn't work anymore.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on getting a newer 3/4 or 1 ton truck in December so hopefully I won't have to put up with this too much longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.