Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well got my leveling kit from Rough Country installed today and although I was able to get it installed I did have one problem with the instructions. If you look at the attached PDF it states on page 3 step 10 to put the bolts in with the head going down(from the bottom side up with the nut on top). I had to flip these and drop the bolts in from the top due to spacing on the front trans axles. I have attached some pictures and the installation instructions for your reference and have also e-mailed them all to Rough Country to get a response from them.

20131027_170730.jpg

Slide1.JPG

View attachment Rough Country Level Kit Install.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm putting this kit on my friend's new truck next week and this is great to know before-hand! haha You rock. Nice truck by the way. Had any problems towing with it yet?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the instructions tell you to loosen the top strut tower bolts, There is no need to do that. It is also helpful to have two separate jacks on hand. We used the bottle jack from the truck as our second one. No problems towing yet...nothing big though, just a 16 foot utility with 2 large 4 ATVs.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
As the others said, work safely. Bolt head on top should be fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with Rough Country today and they confirmed what Silvey13 said...Bolt head on top is not a problem. They said they would address this and probably change the installation instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.