Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions or tips for installation? I I am getting my leveling kits on Thursday. I intend to install it this weekend. It is a rough country leveling kit. Luckily I have an alignment plan at a local tire shop.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes. Don't bother with the instructions. Just unbolt the stabilizer link and the bottom bolts that hold the strut to the control arm and use a pry bar (and a buddy) to just slide the spacer in. That's what me and my friend did on my truck, had the whole thing done in an hour and the alignment was actually so close it almost didn't need it. Just my 2 cents. Definitely still get it aligned though just in case...I might have just been lucky.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 inch. imma put 265/70/18 yoko geo ats on. gets the aggressiveness I want... good height 32.6in... and with highway manners.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MadHatter said:
ive put on 3 sets of the RC 2" leveling kit and one of the 2.5". This video gives a great example to go by.

Mad Hatter, Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not gonna lie... Im stoked to get this done and new tires on. Plus i just blacked out my Chevy logos (on a silver truck), as the weather was claiming them. It looks badass with the rear tint, black accessories ect. Ill post pics Saturday ater shes aligned and gone through the wash!

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used rustoleum matte finish for cars. its designed for racing stripes ect. if u make a mistake, it comes off with brake cleaner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used plasti dip with the plasti dip glossifier the first time i did it.. wasn't very happy with it because it was as sticky as fly paper and kept getting bugs on the front bow tie. which happens but it being so sticky just made me mad to clean it.. so i pulled it off and did it again, but this time i used Krylon clear coat on it after the plasti dip. gotta do it quick because it dries in like 10 mins.. so i did about 5-6 coats of it within about 5 mins of each other. Honestly it looks and feels a lot better and like it will stay on better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry guys. my fault. got over zealous. pic attached. gonna get better ones once i put my center caps on and she gets a bath. the matte blackout of bowtie survived its 1st car wash fyi...

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
slw206 said:
Save old parts also.
already stowed away in the Rough County box. its amazing how 1 side takes an hour and my neighbor helped me move the shock and the other side only took 20 min... I only loosened the ball joint until nut was even with tip of bolt and loosened the sway bar link so nut was even with bolt. I got her aligned, and with 5000 miles since alignment, she was out .5* on both sides. thats a huge win. only loss is a blood blister.

only thing im interested in is the effect on the ball joints in the future. will it cause premature wear?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it wont let me edit... thats 5000 miles since my last alignment plus the level equals only .5° out of spec on the toe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.