Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 NNBS 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 07-13 silverado do you have to re-gear for 35s? Some people have told me no and some have told me yes. I want to hear from personal experience. What are the consequences if I don't re-gear?

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
+1 on knowing what ratio you have now. You never HAVE to regear because of larger tires, but you may HAVE to if you want decent drivabality and fuel mileage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check out my thread when I had questions too. Should I change my gears?

If you have a low gear ratio (3.08 or 3.42) you will experience a lot less power and your gear will downshift a lot when on highway. You could also experience tranny problems a lot sooner than normal.

If you don't change your gears you will experience the above, but save 1500 dollars. If you however change them, you will lose 1500 dollars but your truck will still feel like what a truck is supposed to feel like. I bought mine with 35's on it and running 3.08 so I havent experienced the power it has, but when I get mine changed I know I will be a much happier Silverado owner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.