Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 silverado classic wt 4.3
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the ability to interpret silverado schematic diagrams? I have an extensive electronics background but there are some notations I can't figure out. I am attaching a snippet of exactly what I am referring to. Thanks!

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that C1 pins F5 and E4 are jumpered to connector C3 pins G and L respectively. The block labeled CONN ID is where I need help. Also is the jumper on a fuse block in the instrument panel? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4
4,005 Posts
I work with schematics everyday, but not GM schematics, so this is just a guess. I would think those are not jumpers but instead show they are part of the same connector. I would bet the connector ID box is the number of pins followed by the color of the connector. Only being seeing a small section of the circuit makes it harder to determine if those are indeed jumpers.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,603 Posts
It's referring to the fuse block near the I/P (for GMT800/900's, there's a fuse block in the end of the dash, accessible by opening the driver's door and removing the endcap.

The "Conn ID" list, is for the 4 connectors that plug into it, along with the connector colors. I don't recall what the 5/12/88 numbers stand for.

Every time I go through the wiring diagrams, it always takes me some time to figure out how they work again, both in the paper books (for my '04) and Mitchell's diagrams for my '12 Silverado 3500. It sucks cross referencing stuff, because the numbers are in the pics, so you can't search to find them.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,603 Posts
And separately, there will be diagrams of each connector, with the order of the pins, as well as wire colors (which should match what is listed on that diagram).

And, again, separately, there will be a pic showing which spot in the IP fuse block that is for each plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to thank you again for being so helpful. My truck is a plain old single cab and I am doing some research on the speaker system. The two speakers in the rear of the cab have always worked and I assumed there were no front speakers in the doors. A few days ago I had to pull the drivers door panel and discovered a factory speaker installed. So I am trying to figure out what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 210,000 mi
18,266 Posts
I understand, but with an older truck, it is certainly possible that both are just blown or damaged. I always start with the simple tests first, then move to more complex. Check fuses, check for power at component, check component function, investigate wiring, continue moving back into the broader system as each check passes or you find the issue.

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
625 Posts
I also work with schematics and wiring diagrams almost every day for work. I have never had a problem with the older GM diagrams that gave you a larger view of everything. I understand the complexity of the newer vehicles and putting a section of a bigger item on a single page is needed but I miss the big picture so my brain sees how the circuit all comes together. It takes me a long time to understand these modern ones.

Spending time in the first few chapters of the GM electrical manuals helps to understand the nonstandardized manner that is used.

Old dog...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts