Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a newbie today. This seamed like a good place to find an answer to a question I have about a recently acquired 09 Crewcab Silverado 2 x 4 LT. A couple of times now when I have been in very slow traffic (exiting parking lot after football game) when I ease the brake as we are crawling along to exit the rear brakes chatter as if the ABS is kicking in or something. They will even drag just a bit after that as well. Once I am on the road there is no problem at all. This does not happen often but last night it seemed to be the worst yet. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I suggest pulling the rear drums and doing a complete inspection of the rear brakes.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
That's why I suggested pulling the drums and inspecting them and the brakes. If everything checks out you can eliminate the rear brakes themselves as the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't help with the traction light but my brake problem seemed to go away after I removed both rear drums to check for any clues there and found that the right rear was adjusted so tight that I could not pull the drum off. After some delicate persuasion the drum came off, I readjusted the brakes and I have not experienced the problem since. Hope this helps but my traction light was not malfunctioning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hwserv said:
Can't help with the traction light but my brake problem seemed to go away after I removed both rear drums to check for any clues there and found that the right rear was adjusted so tight that I could not pull the drum off. After some delicate persuasion the drum came off, I readjusted the brakes and I have not experienced the problem since. Hope this helps but my traction light was not malfunctioning.
Thanks. I pulled mine apart yesterday after posting and found nothing wrong besides a thick layer of brake dust on everything. They didn't seem tight like yours, but I loosened the tightening rod a couple clicks anyway. I cleaned the dust out well so we'll see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.