Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for myself i chose to add a lift block to the rear of my truck to maintain the factory rack after i put on my RC 2" level.
With that being said i figured i would give everyone the parts list that i used in order to accomplish this and make it easier if anyone else was considering doing the same thing.
I got these parts from 4wheel parts, and a little trial and error i finally got the right length in shocks.
If going this route i can not stress enough how IMPORTANT IT IS TO REPLACE the rear shocks. Because the factory ones only have about an 1 1/2" of travel after the new lift blocks are in.
Not the best pick to represent the rack but you get the idea.

4" lift blocks----------------------- ----EXP 95-400B
U-bolt kit--------------------------- ----EXP 50087
ProComp ES9000 shocks --------------EXP 927543

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
If the suspension flexs and the axle droops are those wheel speed sensors going to be long enough? :eek:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I also completed a similar mod today. I added Readylift 3" rear lift blocks and Readylift rear shock relocation brackets. There was no need for me to change the factory Rancho shocks. After putting a few miles on the truck it still retains the factory ride as promised by Readylift. I think my truck looks way better with this setup and it won't sag in the back if hauling or towing. I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were the speed sensor snaps into the frame rail, just pull it out of the frame and you will have plenty to travel length. Tested on the trail the next day with full suspen flex and no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.