Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to this forum and was looking for help with my 2013 2500HD rear window defogger.I do not have one but want to install one. I am told that my truck has a wiring harness from the factory somewhere near my rear window but i can not find it i was wondering if anyone knew were i could find it, i appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Take out the back seat and trim, the defrost wire is on the drivers side near the floor. It is a purple wire that "looks" like it is plugged into a connector....that "connector" is just a rubber boot. Power is on drivers side, ground on passenger side. (There is no ground wire, but there is a small stud to attach a ground) Find the purple wire and stick a test light on it, then press the button for the heated mirrors, test light should light up. If not, I suppose there might be a fuse, but on my buddy's "10 W/T, it just lit up, so we didn't have to search for a fuse.
He bought a grid off ebay and we got it all done in about 2 hours.

I'm going to say that you probably have this wire back there, like I said, my friend's '10 work truck with very few options had it....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.