Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Recon cab lights from a truck accessory place here in Houston about 3 months ago and installed them myself. They have worked like a champ until today I noticed the one above the drivers side wasn't working. The other two components were, which was weird because they are wired together!??!?
I didn't buy them directly from Recon and I didn't have a receipt (I probably could have dug one up on the credit card).
It was a long shot but I contacted Recon and asked if there was any way I could get some help, knowing full well they owed me nothing and had every right to deny any assistance.
Over the next hour (quick response thru email) a series of emails and couple of pics at their request, a guy named Clay informed me that Recon would ship me a new light out Monday USPS.
I was not expecting that, but I am grateful as can be. Customer service is alive and well.
Thanks Recon and thanks Clay.
Just wanted to share.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ I had actually heard the same thing, but thought I'd give it a shot. Kill'em with kindness is my motto and I was as nice as could be in the email :)

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob, the units are not sealed, they can be opened. They are LEDs and there are 3 in each side piece and 6 (i think) in the center one. I opened up the one that was bad (6 tiny screws) and the LEDs are soldered on to a circuit board so no changing anything out, well not at my skill level anyway.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was the whole light that burned out, not just one LED in the fixture. All 3 LEDs in that light quit working. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the Recon site they are $99.95. I paid $89.00 local and didn't shop around. Amazon has them for $92 and $99. I'd probably buy thru Recon if I were to do it again, no point in pushing my luck again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.