Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had to replace the heads on my 2009 Chevy duramax. It had previously had DPF delete and efi 5 position tune. It goes into limp mode randomly now. Could the tune be messed up and it need to be retuned?

·
Vendor
86 Posts
So we had to replace the heads on my 2009 Chevy duramax. It had previously had DPF delete and efi 5 position tune. It goes into limp mode randomly now. Could the tune be messed up and it need to be retuned?
Hello,

What codes are set when the truck goes into limp mode? Is the "reduced power" warning actually on the dash or is the vehicle just sluggish?

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Did you go back with the same heads? Anything change as a result if not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

What codes are set when the truck goes into limp mode? Is the "reduced power" warning actually on the dash or is the vehicle just sluggish?

I get dash warning and the truck actually reduced power. Dealership couldn’t give me any info because of the delete. They said their diagnostics won’t work.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Should not be a tune issue if its the same heads. I would contact the company that did the tune or a company that does tunes similar to see if they could check it maybe.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,837 Posts
Get some logs and send it to them. Tuners can usually point out the issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts