Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that OEM? I did some searching for AC Delco ring and pinion and had a hard time finding any so wasn't sure if the local shop was trying to put in cheap gears. Quote of 1100 for 2wd.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GR2017 said:
AC and Delco were GM's electrical equipment divisions. Not their transmission of gear divisions. I doubt GM has made their own gears for decades. They don't even make many of their own transmissions now.
Gotcha, since they are electrical equipment then there is no way it's the ring and pinion manufacturer?

· Registered
656 Posts
ok

In big bold letters there is a number but I tried to use it to look up a set and I just keep getting some install kit from another brand..

You'll have to wait till I drain the rear end again... The code is etched on the ring gear, I noticed it this summer.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
redtherocket said:
ok

In big bold letters there is a number but I tried to use it to look up a set and I just keep getting some install kit from another brand..

You'll have to wait till I drain the rear end again... The code is etched on the ring gear, I noticed it this summer.
Thanks for checking man!

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Should I got to 4.10 or just the 3.73. I have 275/55/20 that is 31.9 so should I go with 4.10. I do highway driving to work and I don't want to completely cripple it on the highway so stay with 3.73 or do 4.10 while I'm doing it? How bad would mileage suck with 4.10. I'm. It scared of the mph of the 3.73 but just started reading on the 4.10. I'll be disabling AFM tomorrow with diablosport so I'm ready to change the tuning for the gear change too.

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,092 Posts
What is your current gear? Usually it is recommended to jump at least 2 ratios in either direction. So if you have 3.08 now, jumping to 3.73 (skipping 3.42s) would be good and should be quite noticeable.

With your 6 speed transmission, the 3.73 will be fine, even jumping up to 4.10 the overdrive RPM should only be around 200-400 RPM more with the 4.10, so it depends on what you favor more, performance or MPG

Check this thread out, Going to 33's, 3.73 or 4.10?

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
silentbravo said:
What is your current gear? Usually it is recommended to jump at least 2 ratios in either direction. So if you have 3.08 now, jumping to 3.73 (skipping 3.42s) would be good and should be quite noticeable.

With your 6 speed transmission, the 3.73 will be fine, even jumping up to 4.10 the overdrive RPM should only be around 200-400 RPM more with the 4.10, so it depends on what you favor more, performance or MPG

Check this thread out, Going to 33's, 3.73 or 4.10?
3.08 now so 3.73 will probably get me where I want for towing

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.