Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first bought my truck and i used the remote start the air conditioner would come on and blow full until i put the key in. After awhile it quit. Now that its cold i would assume that its supposed to be coming on blowing heat/defroster and my heated seats would come on, but nothing is coming on. Is there a way to check the settings or is something wrongs? thanks....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. I have looked all over and im unable to find anything about it. At 30 degrees the heat should come on and turn my heated seats on. But its not. Use to work great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just went through this with my dealer: This is what they gave me to explain how the system works with the remote start and automatic climate control:

Remote Start Activation
The following describes the HVAC control head functionality upon receiving the remote start active serial data message and a power mode status is set to off/awake. The outside air temperature (OAT) sensor on automatic systems is utilized to determine the moding of the following features: Blower Mode, Bi-level, Floor, Defrost, Recirc and Rear Defrost. Calibratable temperatures are utilized to provide low, mid and high temperature ranges for the selectable feature. Blower and mode have the range to select any valid feature positions. When the remote start active serial data is received, ignition-OFF loop HVAC algorithms will act the same as if a run power mode was received, i.e. re-calibration, afterblow, ignition-OFF motor positioning etc. The OFF timer and the ignition ON timer have the functionality as in the Run mode.
The remote start system operates in one of three zones of operation:
• Cold ambient temperature that is below 5°C (40°F)
• Hot ambient temperature that is above 30°C (86°F)
• Mid ambient temperature that is anything between the cold and hot values
• In cold ambient, the system uses 74°F setpoint , auto blower, defrost mode, rear defrost and/or heated mirrors on, heated seats on, rear in mimic.
• In mid ambient, the system uses 74°F setpoint, auto blower, auto mode, rear in mimic.
• In hot ambient, the system uses 74°F setpoint (60°F setpoint in 2008), auto blower, auto mode, rear in mimic.
Remote Start De-activation When the remote start is exited; GMLAN power mode equals run mode or remote start engine. In the case of automatic settings, the displays will revert to the actual state of operation of the features, on the basis of their normal control algorithms.

I hope this helps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.