Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I need a little help here. I am hooking up an AutoStart remote start in my 05 Silverado. I am hoping some else has done this. Question 1.) Ignition 2 is a white wire in the ignition switch harness, I do not see a white. Am I missing something? 2.) Easiest way to hook up the tach. In the cab or engine bay? Which wire? 3.) I have a Bulldog bypass module and I don't know anything about Passlock. Does this tell me everything I need to know?
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/ne ... IAGRAM.pdf
Right now I have everything hooked up except the bypass, tach, and Ign2
Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, just wanted to be sure because the diagram I provided says Passlock 1 and what you provided said Passlock 2. I can't find a wiring diagram for Passlock2 but I think what you provided will suffice. Thanks again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it all working today (briefly). I was zip tying everything all neatly in place and went to connect it all back together and I plugged a harness in upside down. I can't believe they made this system able to except the power harness each way. It has absolutely no distinction between up or down and no notches to stop this from happening. Apparently that's the risk you take when you buy a cheap remote start system called Autostart. Lesson learned. Thankfully all it did was blow an ignition fuse, it could have been a whole lot worse. I ordered a Viper off of Amazon today. Will this be a super easy hook up since I have already put one in? Or is there different requirements for different systems?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Will be a little different, as different company. You got the basic concept down. Take all the same power wires together so there is only one main wire to connect. You want to make a harness all made together. I prefer to use friction cloth tape by 3 m over the cheap blk electric tape that gets gooey over the years. What model did you get? The wiring diagram I pointed you to will be the same.

Oh btw let me hop on my jet and I'll be in Il tomorrow, not! Ha ha. Let me know if you need anything else.

Let's talk before you put in the viper I can give you some pointers too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a 5101V. I'm hoping I can use my existing taps and not have to track down new wires.When I plugged my harness in upside down I ended up blowing some fuses, it wouldn't even crank. I replaced them and it would turn over but still wouldn't start. The lock was flashing on the cluster. I ended up unplugging the bypass and plugging it back in and it now starts fine. Because it is starting now does that mean the bypass is fine? Or is it possibly blown now? I greatly appreciate all your help! I think we are safe with me finishing up this project, you don't have to come up anymore.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Yes you can use the existing wires on the alarm now for the new viper you will install the harnesses will be different. Here is a fail safe way for harness connection attach it to brain first before wiring it take a blk marker draw a line on molex and it will be a good visual for you. As for the issue now probably reset module and see how it goes. Might just need a reset. It blinked on dash as was in lockout security mode.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good evening Welcher, I have another ? for you. I hope all is well on your end. I am doing my homework on my install and I was wondering if the Remote Start Output (-) 500mA goes to the Negative activation wire connect on the bypass? Also, what are the AUX outputs for? I am not interested in anything but the remote start. I will not be hooking up the door locks, I do not mind 2 fobs, call me lazy. What is the factory arm and disarm used for? are the necessary to the install? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Yes connect to the bypass the way you described, when a start command is issued it energizes that wire for the bypass to come on and unlock the starter.

Aux output examples are if you had a trunk with a power pop actuator on it, or an add on window control module, if not using them just tape off. Factory arm disarm is if the vech has factory security it disarms it before you open the door so the alarm doesn't trigger when you open the door.

Hooking up the door locks is not that bad, besides you'd have better range and only carry one remote. But it is your call. Extra step now, you'll thank me later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot. Is all of the lock/unlock done within the driver's side door controls? If it's not too bad I will do it. Just getting a little overwhelmed by this project. BTW, where do you normally find the most reasonable way to tap into the parking lights? I think I have to go through the firewall, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Door locks there are different ways to do this. The parking lights can be found at the bcm under driver kick panel. I have some ideas before you do these two parts. Don't get overwhelmed now you are almost done keep going, when it's done you will love it. Private message me your phone number I'm available tonight after 7:30pm to ring you up, I can be in my garage to test on my truck and we can FaceTime if you have an iPhone, iPad etc. let me know. Russ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.