Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I purchased my truck with the remote start already installed so I am not sure of the wiring seen in the pictures. This is on an Avital 4103L remote starter. The toggle switch you see is to be able to turn the remote start on and off. What I am unsure about is the push button next to it. I have had a few vehicles with remote start and have never seen this set up. This is NOT the hood safety switch. I did notice a little glue on the third port on the toggle switch. Almost like the original wire broke off at the solder and this is how they fixed it. I am not an electrical genius so I was wondering if anyone else had some input. Thanks in advance!

The remote start works just fine except for the fact that I can't turn off the Silent Mode (so the horn will honk at lock). The horn works on panic but not when I start or lock/unlock. Maybe someone could help me out there too. I have tried the tips from the manual to no avail.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way this wire is located in the interior fuse panel (drivers side lower dash).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.