Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I removed all the god awful pin striping on the body and in my fit of rage I sprayed some acidic type goo removal on the plastic. As you can see in the pics the outcome for my plastic was all bad. I'm thinking about removing them and painting them.

My question is how is this removed? Are they the standard clips or is this a 3M adhesive problem...I looked around the web and couldn't seem to find anything about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
On older vehicles this part was labor intensive, had to be removed from the inside (removing the door panel etc), today I don't know.
I would stop by a dealer and go to the parts counter, they can pull up an exploded view picture and give you a better idea. That's if someone on here doesn't chime in.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i think (from the last time i had the door panel off) they are held in with metal clips. if you take the door panel off it may be easy to just pop the clips with a pair of needle nose plyers and replace the part. There are some diagrams on parts.com of them but nothing that shows how they are connected or replaced.

front door strip - $52.18
http://www.parts.com/parts/2009/Che.../LT?siteid=2&vehicleid=206643&diagram=GH07802

rear door strip - $67.17
http://www.parts.com/parts/2009/Che.../LT?siteid=2&vehicleid=206643&diagram=GH07842

·
Registered
47 Posts
If your referring to what I think you are(the plastic trim right under the window) it is held on with tape. I know because I have some coming loose from trying to move my windows when they we're frozen

·
Registered
7 Posts
All you need to do is pop off the black plastic on the inside of your truck (back side of the mirror) witch is clipped on.Loosen the three bolt about have way so the mirror can breathe and I took a flat heads screw driver or pry bar if you have it and tape the ends so it wont scratch the paint and start at the lock and push upwards working my way towards the mirror.... i didn't see any 3M on the backside.It will be easier if you have your window down while doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.