Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's already post's about this topic but does anyone have a nnbs 1500 with the door molding taken off preferably white because that's the color of my truck. And is it something that anyone could do their self , I don't wanna start and have it end up being a nightmare. Thanks

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Park in the very back of the parking lot and hope some dip stick doesn't try to park right next to you. Good luck.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Look at many vehicles with those stupid trim pieces on them. The seal cracks at some point and then they hold water directly against the door. My 99 had to have extensive rust repair with new panels due to rust they caused. Worst part was that you could not even see that rust had started due to it being sealed behind a piece of plastic trim glued to the door. Usually by the time it makes its way to an edge where it is actually visible you need new doors. When I removed them on my 04 I found 3 rust spots started. One was a pin hole all the way through the door skin. All 3 had to be ground out and repaired.

· Registered
312 Posts
Fisger8new said:
Look at many vehicles with those stupid trim pieces on them. The seal cracks at some point and then they hold water directly against the door. My 99 had to have extensive rust repair with new panels due to rust they caused. Worst part was that you could not even see that rust had started due to it being sealed behind a piece of plastic trim glued to the door. Usually by the time it makes its way to an edge where it is actually visible you need new doors. When I removed them on my 04 I found 3 rust spots started. One was a pin hole all the way through the door skin. All 3 had to be ground out and repaired.
my buddy has an 04 silvy and we took the trim pieces off about a month ago, underneath was all dirt, sand, and road debris. It was surprisingly dirty, but thankfully no rust! but it's got me wondering whats hidden under mine....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.