Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the cab mounts on my 2004 Silverado 2500HD - Reg. Cab.

Some of the cab bolts rusted out. The truck had factory side steps. The design caused water to collect above the lower cushions leading to the cab bolts and bottom of upper spacer(mushroom) to rust out. Replaced bolts, but since the upper spacer (metal piece that sits on top of upper cushion and is what I call a mushroom, because of it's shape) has rusted out. Need to replace the upper cushion and mushroom. I am looking for the Service Manual instructions to replace the cab mounts incl. the cushions. The best I can determine is that the cab bolts need to be removed and the cab needs to be jacked up about 5 inches. What else has to be disconnected to be able to jack up the cab high enough to pull out the upper cushion and mushroom?

Thank you in advance !

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link is excellent !

My question is, does anything other, than the cab and radiator mount bolts, have to be removed? Ground straps, steering shaft, electrical connections, etc.?

Looks like the cab has to be lifted a good 4 to 5 inches. Is there enough slack in everything going from the cab to the chassis to lift the chassis that far?

Thanks

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
I don't know that much, but I'm pretty sure there is no removal of anything other than bolts. 4-5 inches seems to be a lot as well...might be more than enough. The one person I spoke to about it, told me he got his cab up, " a few inches", and just wiggled each old one out and shoved a new one in. After he set it back, he had to lift it again to fix two of them that were not sitting right, but he's also done this a few times. It's something I'd like to do next year maybe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.