Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my bedside panels replaced a couple weeks ago and the day I picked the truck up I didn't really notice the color difference between the bed and the rest of the truck , but ever since then every time I look at my truck it just looks so noticeable. It could just be me and it matching fine but what do you guys think and if so is there anyway to try and get them just a little closer. And I know it's hard to tell by looking at just a picture but I just hate looking at something and seeing two different colors

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I don't know what was done all I know is my existing paint color is a brighter white than what the new panels even are. And since your saying that there two different colors basically I'm screwed now I spent 2600 for an unmatched truck

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Take it back to whoever did it and tell them to fix it. It's their fault they need to fix it.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been about two weeks do you still think that I have a case to go back to the guy and demand for it to be fixed? And if he says NO. Then what more can I even do ? Thank god I got a receipt I even payed in cash

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Who did it? Is it a chain store?

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it's a local guy just himself I'm pretty sure he has a reputable business as far as I can tell has on his business card all the the he was trained in and has over 15 years experience I don't know what went wrong

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
He used the factory paint code. Your factory paint is faded and dull from over the years. A real paint shop will have a paint store come out with a photo scanner and scan your paint and mix it based on its current condition. You could try and buff the rest of your truck to see if it will help revive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean your probably right but no matter what it's an 8 year old truck but I still don't think I should pay over 2 grand and get a color that's clearly stands out that much . I mean I'll go tomorrow morning and demand something be done if someone on here tells me it's worth it.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,682 Posts
Don't do it because some people on the internet you've never met tell you to do it. Do it because they should have done the job right.

Then again I've never met you and I'm on the internet so maybe you shouldn't.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha I see what your saying I wanna do it because I wanna see it with a better match but I don't wanna go and be a "douchebag" to the painter if everyone else thinks it looks decent and it's just me being picky you know what I mean

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
You paid a lot of money for a job. You're not a dbag for wanting it done right. Now if it was your buddy and he did it for super cheap that's a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
261 Posts
If he is claiming to be a professional, and you paid good money for it, it has zero to do with being a d-bag, and everything to do with your satisfaction. If the noticeable difference bothers you, you aren't satisfied. Ask him to fix it.

Jeff

· Registered
5 Posts
I've been in the trade for over 20 years and I can tell the colour is off! He may have used the factory paint code but every colour has different variants. The code for your truck is wa8624 and in Sikkens which is the brand of paint I use there's around 12 different variants of your colour. Some will be brighter cleaner few Yellow ones and so forth. What he should of done is a spray out of the colour to assure it matches your truck! If he's any kind of a quality reputable shop he would fix it!! Good luck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.